
ISO 1600, ss 1/125, f/5.6
critiques welcome
*this picture does NOT have a starburst!*
This week I learned that the above-pictured red-crested cardinal is not native to Hawaii.* Bummer. It's from Brazil. I saw one the first day, said "What a cool bird!", missed the photo op, and so Nathan told me that they were everywhere so I'd get another chance. I didn't until the last day, at the zoo. I know posting pictures of birds from zoos is generally taboo, but since this was a
free bird that just
happened to be at the zoo, I think it will fly. (nyuck nyuck) Plus this isn't a bird photography thingy. But I digress. Digress from what? From ending this post, I guess.
*THIS red-crested cardinal is, obviously, native to Hawaii. But it's an introduced species.
10 comments:
So cute! The composition is great!
What cute fella! Oh Hawaii!
Great picture! With an F stop of 5.6 you achieved wonderful blur, you definitely used the rule of 3rds, and subject is facing in towards the majority of the photograph. Looks like an A to me!! :)
Doesn't matter where it's from, it's beautiful.
Nice crisp shot and beautiful capture of the bird.
I think it is a great photo. Very pretty bird.
Cool shot! I've been trying to get a picture of that bird but they're always too fast!
Wow! It's so sharp!! Great job capturing this sucker! Birds are such a challenge! Love the colors! Thanks for the bird lesson :O)
Oh you are so lucky to have such cute little birds where you live! Great capture :)
AND your leading lines (I just learned about these today at http://www.iheartfaces.com) point directly to the bird! Beautiful!
Post a Comment