28 January 2011

I learned [week 16]


ISO 1600, ss 2.5 sec, f/22
critiques welcome!

I took this while we were waiting for the rest of our party outside of PF Chang's in Waikiki. This week I learned that Hawaii is all it's cracked up to be. I have had so much stuff to practice my photography on! (See all my new pictures at right.) But this jet lag is killer, and also the Pater Familias has been trying to walk my poor marthritic joints to death. I'm going to bed. Too tired to even go downstairs to the jacuzzi.
I practiced catchlights, something I learned about at Click It Up a Notch, but the pictures just weren't that great. Follow that link to see what everyone else learned!

5 comments:

Dana said...

Perfect starburst! I love it!
And PF Chengs in Hawaii? I'm in love!

Janell said...

i love the starbursts! and the point of view. Hope you're having fun here in Hawaii! You must check out the north shore and eat at some of the Shrimp trucks! And Waimea valley has some great picture taking opportunities.

Unknown said...

I love the starburst! I just read how to achieve one on Click it Up. That's on my list...

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

great starburst, a fabulous place to practice

Courtney said...

This is great! Love the starbursts and the slow shutter speed use! Way to keep using your camera at night!!