

The title goes with the picture. I'm doing nothing of the sort today. I just got back from a 2 day and a 3 day mission. Nothing very exciting happened, but it was good getting out and seeing a better part of Afghanistan. Lawara, where we are, is hurting. There is no infrastructure whatsoever here and very little money and education. But, just 20km from here we encountered a road sign, and a kid with a book tucked under his arm, and buildings built out of something better than mud. We went to Orgun-e and Sharona the other day and I got to see where much of the rest of the battalion is working. It hardly seems like war there. All the same rules apply as on caserma ederle. Everyone is walking around with clean uniforms and the like. It was good seeing Sean, Martin, Lincoln and a few others. We almost hit some camels on the way back from Sharona:
No comments:
Post a Comment