17 July 2007

Cast off!

Not in the fishing sense but in the medical sense. I had my 1-month follow-up Friday and they removed the nasty fiberglass cast to reveal the nasty, emaciated leg underneath. My stitches were also removed, which is nice. It's definitely still Frankenfoot though. Now I'm in an air cast and still not putting weight on it for another 3 weeks. The foot gets quite swollen and purpleish if I'm up and about for more than a couple minutes. It's the same foot I have my tattoo on. It's funny--one of the reasons I chose my foot for the tattoo is because it was the only place on my body I thought I could count on not getting fat--how wrong I was! Oh, vanity.
The Italians love it--it gives them something grotesque to gawk at. Gawking is their national passtime.
On a related note, I seem to have lost 15ish pounds in the last 2 months, which is nice except none of my pants fit. So now I have to find a ride to the mall...

What a boring post! No picture!

No comments: