1) People who think that dogs don't feel guilt or anger are like those plastic blow-up dolls who say that breastfeeding should never hurt. I've never met a single woman in real life who didn't think that breastfeeding hurt like the dickens at first. And I have seen guilt and anger written all over Mad Max. The other night after I put Eva to bed I came downstairs to find him slinking around for no apparent reason--he wasn't in trouble. But he had "Uhoh" written all over his face. Sure enough, I found it later. And he poops or pees--whichever is more available, I guess--every single time I shut him in the bathroom for punishment (which is rare, but he gets nippy and growly sometimes, which is obviously not OK).
2) My new neighbor is awesome. She collapsed all of her boxes and put her recycling out at the proper time. (The recycling spot is on my lawn, which is why I care.)
3) All of my family was at my cousin's wedding this weekend, and though I'm happy for Mary and Jeff, I was pretty sad when I saw the pictures. This life of ours makes us miss out on so much.
4) I am taking a break from Kumon, maybe until the beginning of February. That's a pretty long break. Will I go back?...We'll see... It was stressing me out, and by "it" I mean "my procrastination". And I want to devote more time to working on music for the chapel. And to making sure that my house does not become a biohazard.
5) There is a pretty tabby cat that's been hanging out behind my house and in the forest around here. It's a stray, scared of humans. It has the cardboard cylinder from inside a roll of packing tape around its neck, and that makes me really sad. I wonder if someone did that to it or if it was an accident.
6) It's been a rough week, and most of this post is a week old.
1 comment:
Don't worry---you're in my "we have a baby" club, which none of the cousins understand yet (just you wait, you foot-loose and fancy-free California ninjas...)
Post a Comment