24 October 2010

Week 7 - Photography (sort of)


This week I learned that now that Evangeline has learned how to put the lens cap on the camera, it's all over. That's all she wants to do. As a result, it is very difficult to get a picture of her right now. Case in point:


I took the first picture in Interlaken, Switzerland. (ODR trip with Amber & Lisa!) The peak you can just barely see behind the tent thingy is Jungfrau. Most fabulously beautiful area in Europe, in my opinion, but I never made it to Monte Blanc and the Val d'Aosta. And I'll always have a special place in my heart for the Tre Cime. (view from the back side that you have to hike to unless you have horses or maybe a Hilux)

I'm obviously not really doing the photography post thing this week, just sort of rambling. So I'll continue with this:

Yesterday in the BX I bought some Duplos on a whim. As far as I know, Eva has shown little to no interest in them at other people's houses, but I figured that it's time for her to start learning about building stuff. The first thing that happened was that she was incredibly angry that she couldn't hold the box. The box was as big as her and she was sitting in the shopping cart seat--not really physically possible. She kept turning around to slap it. Then we got home and I opened the box, which had the Duplos divvied up into several plastic bags. I opened 2 or 3 and dumped them on the floor in front of Eva. She raised both arms above her head in preparation, then came down like Thor's hammer, violently shuffling them and throwing them around, cackling at the clacking sound. I started building things, and she went into full-on destruction mode, shrieking like a harpy and pouncing on whatever I had built, ripping it to shreds. I couldn't build fast enough for her to decimate. Then she got ahold of one of the bags of unopened Duplos and swung it back and forth, smacking herself in the stomach and the back. More cackling.
So I don't think she'll be building anything anytime soon, but we're having fun nonetheless.

No comments: